Thursday 24 May 2012

Decisions, decisions.

I have a really serious SAD. That's seasonal affective disorder, mostly known as winter depression. So, it's May, sunny, windy, reasonably warm and I spend lots of my time cycling, botanizing or gardening although I should do more about the weeds and stuff indeed. Yesterday I aimed for the hills, if the slightly rolling landscape deserves that name, today my joints are giving me one of a hell and I wanted to go cycling again while staying in the flatland. And then I spent an hour deciding where to go. The local swampy meadows were the obvious choice but I forgot to buy insect repellent again so at the end, I'll go and pick my books at the library, my meds in the pharmacy, my mail at the post office, DEET en route and then I'll be sitting at home sorting out my herbary or pruning some overgrown bastards to turn them into mulch. Unless I spend a few more hours deciding what to do first. My camera is half-dead and doubtfully able to take decent pics of plants but I'll try my best and maybe something will show up but I'm leaving botanical blogging for a literal rainy day, the one after the rainy day when I was doing some cleaning. Now I'm off to the library etc. And remind me someday soon that I want to get the light therapy lamp to prevent October zombification. Also, where's the damn Publish button again?

No comments:

Post a Comment