Wednesday 23 December 2009

Damn...

I got a late invitation for the International Medieval Congress in Leeds (someone dropped out). I had a happy. I told my mom because I wanted to share and she was around.
Fine, she said. I'll go with you and have a nice holiday. And I must buy you a business suit.

Well, yes, I can handle the situation in such a way that I won't see her all day long, I'm good in sneaking away. Then I'll wave her goodbye at the airport and wander around England on my own, full stop.

I wouldn't wear a business suit before I'm dead. This is just a fact, regardless of my mother's fashion preferences. It's in July, a decent top just must do. (In winter, a black cashmere turtleneck would do.)

Also, how do I explain my mother that I'd prefer if she stopped messing with my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment