Wednesday 28 April 2010

Plague

Warning: this post contains vivid descriptions and enthusiastic discussion on green mucus. Sensitive souls, check tags like cats, knitting and occasional perfumista for your own safety and well-being.

Mom got the same mixture of rhinoviri or some such nasty thing so our morning skype conversations go like Oh, my cold got a bit better - Cool, Mom, so did mine. Today there was some collective whining about hamburger noses (raw meat, wink wink hint hint). Now she's having an editorial meeting while I'm doing the laundry (sweaty bed linen, mainly), drinking my third coffee (addiction, I have it) and out of sheer interest, trying to verify my guess that the green gunk is made of dead leucocytes and dead viruses/bacteria. I found a ton of moreless disgusting pics on Wikipedia but no detailed description of what is green gunk made of.

To make things clear, I'm all for natural sciences. However, I've lived on the arts faculty for so long that the lack of will to get my hands dirty is pretty deeply rooted. I wanted to go to the medical school when I was 19, by the way, and the only thing that turned me off was the fact that before getting to some cool pathology lab where I could slice tumors, I'd need to meet the live, annoying people. I wasn't particularly cuddly type even then.

In other news, a friend of mine got a Siamese kitten. Squeeee. I'll be seeing them next weekend, expect teh cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment